The 2013 8th Bridge Social Commerce IQ Report is an must-read for online marketing professionals who target either consumers or businesses on social platforms.
The report digs deep, with hard-t0-dispute quantitative analysis, of the trends of major retailers in regards to their use of social media, including online video, for product discovery.
Among the findings of 8th Bridge’s analysis of more than 800-retailers are these tibbits (which small to medium sized businesses should mimic):
- More integrate the PinIt button than the Facebook “Like” into their webpages.
- The average retailer has more than 23,000 followers on Youtube who watched an average of 10.6M videos.
- Facebook still leads in “upstream traffic” that resulted in visitor become a follower, fan and/or subscriber.
- 2nd leading origin of upstream traffic: Youtube!
- 73% incorporate ratings and reviews into their websites.